Sunday, March 11, 2012

"Within Months"?? Is that true?

When I read  headlines like this "Netanyahu: Strike on Iran's Nuclear Facilities Possible Within Months", and then I read this paragraph


An attack on Iran could take place within a matter of months, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a series of television interviews on Thursday.
"We're not standing with a stopwatch in hand," he said. "It's not a matter of days or weeks, but also not of years. The result must be removal of the threat of nuclear weapons in Iran's hands."


it makes me think about the time just before World War I or World War II.  It makes me wonder how many articles about "the possibility of war" were being written then, and what their readers were thinking.  We (or they) can never know if it is all baloney, or if it is going to happen, or if it will all just blow over and war will be avoided.  I am of the opinion that probably most people thought it wouldn't happen.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/netanyahu-strike-on-iran-s-nuclear-facilities-possible-within-months-1.417417

And I am hoping we aren't going to have a new war this time.   But on second thought, there sure are a lot of articles being written about the possibility.  It creates a certain sense of unease.

No comments:

Post a Comment