Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Schedule for listening to Conference Talks

I was teaching quilting in Fayetteville NC on the Saturday of General Conference, so I missed one whole session.  Then, sadly, I didn't pay very good attention to the sessions on Sunday that I got to watch and listen to.

So I made a goal to get on  www.lds.org   over the course of the next few months, and watch and listen to every talk again, or in some cases, listen to the talk for the first time.  I think it is nice to read along in the Ensign magazine and highlight passages that strike me as important.

Starting right now, I will need to listen to a talk about every 4 days to listen to all of them before the next General Conference in April.

I have only listened to the first two talks so far.

The second talk was by Elder Quentin L. Cook, one of the 12 Apostles.  The paragraph that struck me as most important was this one:

"Parents, the days are long past when regular, active participation in Church meetings and programs, though essential, can fulfill your sacred responsibility to teach your children to live moral, righteous lives and walk uprightly before the Lord."

A few paragraphs later, he said, "The moral issues of our day must be addressed in the family."

Good counsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment