Friday, February 8, 2013

I'm no good at the long arm

I started quilting Hailey's baby quilt on  my  long arm machine, and boy, am I humbled!  I can't make it do anything!  I am a complete novice!  Even though I have quilted award winning quilts on my home sewing machine, the long arm is a whole different animal, and I have NO SKILLS which transfer.  It is depressing.  I am looking to attend the big long arm quilting convention in Salt Lake City in May (HMQS)  so I can learn the basics.




And I am posting this link for my sons Seth, who is a tinkerer, and for Adam, who is interested in 3-D printers.  I think they would appreciate knowing about the artificial hand made for a fingerless 5-year-old boy.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/07/5-year-old-without-fingers-receives-custom-robohand-made-using-3d-printer-and-150-in-parts/

1 comment: