Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Did my kids have enough excitement?

Wayne was watching a TV show about extreme sports, they were showing young people motorcycling, surfing, snowboarding, etc. Also, I went to Travis and Sara's wedding reception, and they showed all the snowboarding, motorcycling, swimming, that she had done. I started feeling badly that I had raised my kids in a totally boring environment, I had probably stifled them and ruined their lives.

I told Wayne about it, and he made me feel better. I'm the one who applied to be in the Hill Cumorah Pageant cast and got us in 3 times. I'm the one who insisted on the Orlando vacation in 2003. I'm not an outdoor person, but guess what, my kids had their dad to encourage them and take them on all the camping, kayaking, rock climbing and Boy Scout activities. Our kids never participated in team sports (except for the track team) but I suppose they turned out okay anyway.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like people from Utah are more exciting. I think its because everyone lives closer to family and has larger families so they can pool their resources better. So everyone has a family member with a boat, a family member with snowmobiles, a family member with four wheelers etc.

    ReplyDelete