Sunday, December 28, 2008

Pet peeve: Kitchen dishcloths

One of my biggest pet peeves is dirty kitchen dishcloths. Every night I try to hang the dishcloth over the faucet, and the next morning when I go in the kitchen it is nearly dry. I take the old dishcloth and old dishtowel and put them into the laundry room. Then I get out fresh ones to use for that day.

Using dishcloths and dishtowels for more than one day makes me gag. If I use a dishcloth for a particularly nasty job, I will even replace it more than one time a day. I don't want nasty things to touch my food or my dishes or my countertops.

And don't get me started on sponges. Using sponges is the most unsanitary thing I've ever seen. They are totally full of germs. Seth and Isaac reported that on their missions to Brazil, everyone there had sponges that were sitting in disgusting puddles on their sinks, and would use them forever. When I go in my ward's kitchen, I see disintegrating sponges that have never been replaced. I throw them right into the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment