Sunday, July 29, 2012

Youth Conference is over!

 Our stake put on an entire theatrical production in 3 days.  Previous to that weekend, the choreographer had gone to each ward and taught them their dance, and the music chairmen had taught the main characters their songs.

Then we got the 190 youth together onThursday, Friday, and Saturday, and they learned their parts and their places.  Each kid had 1, 2, or 3 different costumes.  Mireya and I were the costume
co-chairs.  And I survived!

After two whole days of announcing to the youth that they HAD to go to the costume department to get fitted or pick out costumes, we still had youth come up to us in the middle of the dress rehearsal asking, "Where is my _____ costume?"  When we asked if they had brought one or if we had ever assigned them one, they would say, "No, I thought you had one for me."  AAARGH! So we would have to scramble and just tie a scarf around their head or throw some strange skirt on them and send them on stage.  It made me very frustrated.

I put on weight eating the delicious food that Monte, Keeley, Brandon and Wayne cooked. Doing the costumes was so stressful that everytime I saw food I ate my troubles away.

I am very thankful I was able to help out with Youth Conference, it was inspirational to see the hard work put in by all the leaders and adults to make the conference enjoyable and spiritually uplifting for the kids.  We heard a lot of thank yous and also wonderful testimonies at testimony meeting, I think it was a good experience even if it was very stressful and I only got about 6 hours of sleep a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment