Saturday, January 26, 2013

Welcome, new baby Hailey!

Seth and Janette's 2nd daughter, Hailey Elizabeth, was born yesterday.  We are so happy for them!

We have had a broken wireless router for more than a week, so either Wayne or I have to plug our computers straight into the modem to get them to work.  Therefore, only one of us can be on the computer at a time.  This puts a definite cramp in my style.  Sorry I haven't blogged more, I was actually trying to get back in the habit of putting stuff up more often.

Friday afternoon and evening we had a short lived ice/sleet storm here.  The roads were quite impassable so we just stayed home.  This morning I was supposed to teach quilting in Chapel Hill, and since it was icy in the morning, instead of cancelling, the shop just made the class start later, so we were still able to have the class.  Our long gravel driveway and our gravel road were icy, so Wayne was so nice to get on the tractor and scrape a bunch of the ice away so I could have traction.  Then he drove me to the end of the road, and then he walked home.  (He is my hero!)  I drove to the shop, Thimble Pleasures,  at 11:00 a.m. and there were just a few scary icy spots, and then everything melted by evening when I came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment