Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bountiful Apartment 1981-1982


While I was Utah recently, I went to see the apartment where Wayne and I lived from fall 1981-spring 1982.  Adam was born while we lived here.

We graduated from BYU in April 1981, and moved to an apartment in Layton, Utah for 6 months.  After that, I got a job at Brooks Fabric Store in Bountiful, and the owners owned this apartment right behind the fabric store, and we moved into it.

This is the back of Brooks Fabric Store, which we could see out our side window.  I only worked at the fabric store for a few months until Adam was born.

Last week, I went inside Brooks Fabrics, and I couldn't believe that they hadn't changed a thing (except the fabric for sale) in the whole 31 years since I worked there.  The ugly old linoleum tile floor and the same old wooden fabric racks, same wooden shelves around the walls, it was amazing.  So I guess updating a business isn't necessary, as long as your same old customers keep coming back.  It must be an institution by now, and no one cares what it looks like as long as it keeps stocking the fabric they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment