Saturday, October 3, 2009

Elizabeth's 3rd birthday


Isaac's and Rachel's daughter is 3 today. Here is a photo of her and her little brother Thomas playing during Seth's and Janette's open house in July.


Here is Elizabeth sitting on our wonderful little picnic table (which we have had since Seth was a baby.)


This is a little quilt which I made as a wallhanging in 1995. I decided that I wanted to start a tradition of giving my granddaughters a little doll quilt when each of them turns three. Elizabeth is my only granddaughter, as of now, so I will start the tradition today.

This wallhanging is WAY fancier than any I will make in the future as a doll quilt. This one is intricately handquilted, using the design from the carved carpet in the Washington D.C. temple's Celestial room. But I don't want it as a wallhanging anymore, and I think it is nice that my oldest granddaughter will have something that I spent so much time making. I hope she wears it out playing with it with her dolls, and maybe she can pass it on to her own daughter someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment