Monday, October 12, 2009

Thinking about my own mortality

I have a friend who was just diagnosed with breast cancer, and I know of someone else with brain cancer, so this is making me think a lot about my own mortality. If that was me, what would I be thinking right now about how I have lived my life? What would I regret that I had not done? What do I need to do from now on so that when my own mortality is in question, I am able to say to myself, "I have done everything I wanted to do, and everything that my Heavenly Father wanted me to do" ?

I finished my life story (of my early years) when I was about 22 years old. I still have to write "Part 2". I have lots of photo albums that I want to finish. I want to learn to do genealogy, and learn to do indexing of genealogical records. I want to find Josie Box's ancestors and do the temple work for them (see blog post March 16, 2009). I wish I could take all my kids and their families on a trip to England (That's never going to happen---I can still dream about it though).

I want to move into a different house that suits our needs better, after Zac graduates from high school in 2012. I want to be a better wife to Wayne and a better mother to my kids and a better mother-in-law to my three wonderful daughters-in-law. I want to magnify my church callings and serve others in a way pleasing to my Heavenly Father. I want to tell lots and lots and lots of people about the gospel of Jesus Christ, in my daily life and also by going on a mission later with Wayne (but not to Bolivia PLEASE).

I think these are commendable goals, and I certainly want to accomplish all of them someday. I deserve a Nobel Peace prize.





1 comment:

  1. You DEFINITELY deserve a Nobel Peace Prize! Raising all those children and keeping peace in your house! Wow!

    That made me laugh out loud--especially because I wasn't expecting that after all those serious comments about mortality.

    Worthy goals, Amy, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete