Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Whole Lot of Happy




I haven't ever been to the NC State Fair in all the 21 years we have lived here, and I have never wanted to. It sounded like a huge waste of money. But because I went on the retreat with my sister Carla, and she told us "You Can Change!", I decided to go with my family this year.

Wayne, Tara, Zac, and I went on Tues. Oct. 20, and had quite a good time. I was unwilling to go on any of the rides (I don't trust rides that get taken down and put together every two weeks, they just don't sound safe to me) but I did eat a Deep Fried Snickers bar and some funnel cake and some ice cream.

Wayne, Tara, and Zac went on the ferris wheel, then Tara went on the Freak Out (twice) and Zac went on the Hang Glider (twice) and they also rode the Pirate Ship.

We had a fun time in the petting zoo with the camel, yak, water buffalo, llamas, and alpacas. And the baby goats were really cute.

Wayne's favorite thing was the poultry barn. We were fascinated to see that there are MANY different kinds of chickens, we had no idea that there were so many varieties of feathers or shapes of topknot-thingies.

I think for our $100 that we spent, we got "A WHOLE LOT OF HAPPY" (that was the somewhat dorky theme of the fair this year).

No comments:

Post a Comment