Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Got home from a quilt teaching trip, Woodbridge, VA

Wayne and I drove to Woodbridge VA on Sunday night.  I taught a workshop at the Cabin Branch Quilters Guild all day on Monday, and then taught a power point lecture at night.

Wayne spent the day touring museums in D.C. and seeing the cherry blossoms.

It was a great ego boost to meet Beth and Marianne, the two women who had booked me.  They said their favorite quilt in the MidAtlantic Quilt Festival about five years ago was my quilt, "Make an Appointment". Later, when they became the president and program director for their guild, they said, "Let's get the teacher that made that quilt", and they tracked me down.

I also met Shannon S., who came up to me at the end of my lecture and told me she had taken a class from me a couple of years ago when I taught at the MidAtlantic Quilt Festival.  She showed me a picture of the quilt she made using my techniques, and I asked her to send it to me.  So here is the photo of her quilt:
I love it!

2 comments: