Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ritz Cracker Pie

Wayne came home early yesterday, he was feeling all dizzy.

I made bread again last night, I keep trying out new recipes.  I am using the very, very last of the yeast from a big package, it is almost dead so I have to use almost double what the recipe says.  Last night the bread puffed up way too high and then fell flat.  Oh well, next time I'll use new yeast and I'll be able to measure it the way the recipe says.

Zac made "Grandma's Pie" for our dessert last night, or as we usually call it, "Ritz Cracker Pie".  It is very very good, and he likes to make it because it has no pie crust.  Here is the recipe:



Grandma’s Pie (also called “Ritz Cracker Pie”)
30 Ritz crackers (one roll)
1/2 cup nuts
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 egg whites
Crush crackers, mix in next four ingredients.
Beat egg whites until stiff, fold carefully into mixture.
Pour into glass pie pan.  Bake 325 for 30 minutes.  Cool and serve with whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment