Saturday, April 20, 2013

My desk closet, then and now

 When we found our new house, and saw it for the first time, we saw this big space in the wall of the living room.  It had been the "big screen TV" spot when the house was built in 1996.  Remember when big screen TV's were so huge and thick they had to be placed in spaces like this?

The stagers had put the shelves, and plants to make it look nicer, and had hung a flat screen TV on the wall (which looked ridiculous).

We wondered what to do with the space. We thought about making it into a closet, but then realized it would make a great office for me.



We had a counter top added, and put rolling filing cabinets, and doors on it. I can do my paperwork and computer work right in the living room, but I can shut the doors and it basically looks like a flat wall.  It is one of my favorite things about this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment