Sunday, April 14, 2013

Response to Susan, my biggest fan

(I have had complications with my computer for a couple of months.  Here is the reply I wrote to Susan a long time ago.)

Dear Susan,
Every day I kick myself for not having written a book or created any patterns to purchase. I'm sorry, I don't have anything for you to buy. Maybe some other books could help you.
I have followed other precision-impaired quilters for years. Some of my favorite examples are Gwen Marston and Freddy Moran and Keiko Goke. If you ever have a chance to buy any books written by them, you will enjoy their styles of quilting too.
 
I just remembered another book which I think you would really love. It is called "Sunday Morning Quilts" by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison, copyright 2012. It is still in quilt stores now, or you can order it online, probably from Amazon.com. (I really should have written this book, I am mad that Nyberg and Arkison beat me to it.)
Here are the book titles by the other quilters that I recommended:
Collaborative Quilting by Freddy Moran and Gwen Marston, copyright 2006.
Freddy and Gwen Collaborate Again, by Freddy Moran and Gwen Marston, copyright 2009.
And I'm so sorry, there are too many things going on in my life right now to do private lessons. Honestly, you would be the first one I would choose to be my student. Thanks for all your kind words.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment