Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Favorite Dresses Ever

When I was a teenager, my dream was to become a famous fashion designer. I majored in Clothing & Textiles at BYU, and worked as a bridal veil designer at a company in Salt Lake City when I was first married. I never became a famous fashion designer, I turned all my design skills to making quilts instead. However, I still love to look at fashion and beautiful clothing, even though I rarely wear that kind of thing.

Here are my favorite dresses ever:



Mary Poppins in the chalk picture- Its a Jolly Holiday with Mary



Glinda the Good Witch in Wizard of Oz

Somewhere in Time- Jane Seymour's dresses- her character was named Elise Mckenna (Couldn't get a photo of her dresses, they are Edwardian, high waisted, lots of lace, with big hats,around 1910. Similar to the dresses on "Titanic")



Scarlet OHara's Blue Velvet- when India sees Scarlet hugging Ashley




Grace Kelly's tiny waist, huge gathered skirt in "Rear Window"

1 comment: