Monday, February 16, 2009

My sister Carla's birthday

My sister Carla is five years younger than me, and it's her birthday today.
(Left) Here is my beautiful sister Carla in her designer formal with her future husband Kyle. (Click on photos to make them bigger.)
(Below) She always spent too much time looking at herself in the mirror.


Carla and I shared a bedroom together when we were little. (I don't know why she has that stupid hat on.) I still remember the floral rug and the big animals on the wallpaper, I think my mom decorated that room in 1964. We thought we were so fancy with a canopy bed, we pretended it was a ship sometimes and held onto the bedposts like they were masts. That pink doll on the bed had a zipper, you could store your pajamas inside it. My mother sewed the bedspread, canopy, etc.

1 comment: