Thursday, July 9, 2009

About Marriage

Two stories I probably got from the Reader's Digest years ago (I am writing these from memory):

A young girl asked her great grandmother what was the secret to her long happy marriage. The woman replied: "When we were first married, your great grandfather and I decided to each make a list of ten things that if the other person did them, we wouldn't let bother us." The girl asked, "What was on your list?". The woman said, "Well, I never actually wrote down the list. But whenever he did something that bothered me, I would just say to myself, It's a good thing thats one of the ten things."

Next story:

A wife got mad at her husband. She said, "Lets each write down all the things that we don't like about each other." So they each got a paper and pencil and wrote furiously for a few minutes. After they exchanged papers and started to read, the wife screamed and tried to grab her paper back from her husband. She had seen that he had written the same thing over and over all the way down the page, "I Love You, I Love You, I Love You......".

No comments:

Post a Comment