Monday, July 6, 2009

I Drink My Icewater in Style



After I came home from the Stewart Retreat, I was in the grocery store and saw these beautiful plastic prism-colored drinking glasses. I immediately told myself "I don't need it, I have plenty of glasses at home. I don't need to spend the $6." Plus, it has to be handwashed, and we had plastic glasses similar to this and they all cracked within a year.

But instead, because of Carla's lessons, I told myself that I could spend $6 on something beautiful if I love it to pieces. And it was worth it to me to handwash my very own water glass. I can surround myself with wonderful items that make me happy when I look at them. Thats one of my new goals: Own beautiful things, even if it costs a little more.

So this will be my very beautiful icewater glass forever until it breaks.

1 comment: