Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Our Ferris Wheel

Here is a photo of my eight-year-old birthday party. We are in my yard, we lived 5 miles outside of Bartlesville, Oklahoma, on 60 acres.

Someone welded this ferris wheel together, and our family owned it the whole time I was growing up. One person sat in the top seat, one sat in the bottom, and as each person came to the bottom they would push off with their feet. It was a lot of fun to ride, but extremely dangerous, it would have been easy for someone to be injured or killed while riding it because it had no safety features at all.

In fact, several of my siblings said they and their friends tipped it over by going too fast or by putting only one person in the top (with no one in the bottom) and releasing them so they would fall really fast.

To see a photo of the ferris wheel with no one riding it, go to yesterday's post entitled "Cheryl's clothing, Tornado Shelter".

You can see our 60 acres in the background. We lived in the BOONIES.

(I am hanging on the center bar, Carla is on the far right, Larry has his hand raised. The rest of the girls are my party guests.)

No comments:

Post a Comment