Friday, July 31, 2009

Our KOA Kabin


Here is a picture of our charming little home-away-from-home, our KOA Kabin (with a "K") in Canandaigua, New York, 8 miles away from the Hill Cumorah. It had a double bed and a set of bunk beds inside. It was way cheaper than a hotel room, which was important because we had to sleep there for 16 nights.

I hate camping. Staying in this kabin was a tiny bit better than regular camping, because it had electricity and a ceiling fan and a door you could lock. BUT IT HAD NO BATHROOM. The bathroom was 220 steps away. I think this is the farthest I have ever had to walk to a bathroom. I hated camping at Yellowstone National Park in 2000 because the bathroom was 175 steps away from our tent. I was much younger then, and didn't have to go to the bathroom so much in the night. So this situation was much worse.

I will never, ever, ever, go camping again unless a mob runs me out of my house. I HATE walking to a bathroom outside at night. I am too old.

P.S. Wayne loved the design of the kabin, he is pretty sure it was made from a log cabin kit that you can buy. He wishes he could sell our house and buy a house with some land, and build 4 or 5 of those little cabins* around it for our kids and grandkids to stay in when they visit.

*If they were ours, I would spell "cabins" with a "C".

No comments:

Post a Comment