Monday, November 1, 2010

Can I really do it?

Starting today, I'm going to try to write 1,660 words per day for 30 days, as I compete in National Novel Writing Month, or "NaNoWriMo". That will equal 50,000 words. I will try to report on my wordcount every day, or as often as I can. Wish me luck.

TODAY, I TYPED 3216 WORDS.

If I really want to give myself some rewards or punishments (to make me write faster) I am thinking of using Dr. Wicked's "Write-or-Die" program. Watch the YouTube to see how it works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdLLo08cJKY

If you use this program, you can choose to have 3 different levels of consequences for when you stop typing. You set a word goal and a time goal, then start typing.

Gentle- If you stop, a window will pop up and say, "You stopped writing."

Normal- If you stop, a very annoying song will start playing.

Kamikaze- If you stop, the most recently typed words of your document start deleting, one word at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment