Sunday, October 31, 2010

Confessions about Halloween Candy

My kids will tell you that I wasn't that thrilled to let them go trick or treating. Just a little trick or treating was okay. But I hated for them to go for hours and come back with pillowcases full. They used to weigh their candy to see how many pounds they got. I thought it was horrible.

Our bishop, Bishop Stephens, used to have a tradition of greeting the children after church near his office. They loved to go shake his hand because he would give them a piece of candy.

So Wayne and I told our kids they had to tithe their Halloween candy to Bishop Stephens. He happily took a tenth of their load and shared it with the ward.

The main reason I didn't like all that candy in the house was that every day while they were gone to school I would get the munchies and I would go steal some.

After awhile I felt guilty, so I usually ended up paying each one of them some money for what I stole.

I still can't help myself if there is candy laying around. I make Wayne hide it from me, then he gives me one piece at a time, as a surprise. (I find a piece on my desk, or on my sewing machine, at random times.) It is a really nice thing for him to do.



(Candy corn is one of my favorite types of candy. I know, somehow I really love low class food. Also, just in case you are interested, Golden Corral is my favorite restaurant.)

No comments:

Post a Comment