Monday, February 28, 2011

Elizabeth's First Quilt

On 1-27-2010 I posted "Little Seamstress", which was about my granddaughter Elizabeth wanting to sew a quilt.  She was 3 1/2.

Soon after that, I let her pick out little squares, and she helped me sew them together on the sewing machine.

She wanted to sew her name with pink embroidery floss, so I picked out black fabric so the letters would show up.  (Now I regret using black because it is too dark, but oh well, can't change it now.)

For a whole year we have been working on this.  Almost every time we get together she hand sewed another inch or two on one of the letters of her name, until she got the last bit embroidered a couple of weeks ago.

Then on Saturday when her daddy and her Pappy were watching the basketball game, she and I put the last bit of stitching into the little quilt.  I made Isaac promise to hang it on her bedroom wall when he got home. (Did you do that, Isaac?)

Here is my sweet little granddaughter with the first quilt she ever helped to make:


1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is hanging above her bed and she loves it. Thank you for taking the time to make it with her.

    ReplyDelete