Saturday, February 12, 2011

Vinnie's genealogy: 3 sets of parents

What was so frustrating last week when I went to new Family Search for my first time, was that I found that my grandma Vinnie had all the wrong parents!

Not only has she and her siblings been sealed to her parents Susan McCleve and George Franklin Gardner, but all those Gardner children have also been sealed to their aunt Maggie McCleve and her husband Darien Kartchner.

(This, of course, results in all their Kartchner cousins being listed as their siblings instead of their cousins.)

(And, very unfortunately, it makes my pedigree go on the Kartchner line instead of on the McCleve line, which is totally bogus.)

To add insult to injury, they have also been sealed to another set of parents, George (their real dad) and their aunt Maggie!

So I will live in frustration for awhile until some new features get added to new Family Search.  Randolyn told me next year we will be able to add comments, and you can be sure I will add some comments when that capability opens up.

No comments:

Post a Comment