Friday, June 17, 2011

Finally, a way to search General Conference Talks!

You know that I have complained about the search engine on LDS.org for years.  And it would only search the Ensign, so you couldn't get any of the conference talks before the Ensign was published.


I just learned about this new website:  http://corpus.byu.edu/gc/


This website allows you to quickly and easily search talks from General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons). This corpus (or collection of texts) contains 24 million words in 10,000 talks from 1851 to 2010. 


I haven't used it yet, I am hoping it will work really well!




P.S. Posted 10:10 am Friday:  I just used it for the first time.  I typed in "red shawl", and it showed that the story of the Lost Boy was told by Boyd K. Packer in 1974, and by Merrill J. Bateman in 1992.


When she saw the red shawl, "Ann Parker fell in a pitiful heap".


SO NOW I CAN FIND THE CONFERENCE TALKS I AM LOOKING FOR!  
I AM SO SO HAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment