Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Today I was a Macho Muscle Woman

There is a woman in my ward that I had befriended, and she was moving out of the ward.  I felt like I should go help her move since not very many people knew her.

Four men and I packed a whole moving van.  All the things that were too heavy for me to move, I shoved along the floor.  After two and a half hours, we were all dead tired.  I'm sure the men were more tired than me, since they carried all the heavy furniture and I just pushed it.

We were worn out, and faced the whole job of unloading the moving van into her storage unit.

I called the church just as Young Women and Young Men were ending, and begged for more help.  Miracle of miracles!  A whole bunch of people showed up to help us unload.  That took another hour.

I don't know how we would have survived if we had to unload that whole thing by ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment