Friday, May 25, 2012

The House on the Strand


This is one of my favorite books.  Every five or ten years, I have to check it out of the library again.  

It is about a man renting an old house in England.  He discovers that if he takes a certain drug, he goes back into the 14th century and is able to watch the people who lived in that house back then.  He gets addicted to living in that other century.

This is written by Daphne du Maurier, she is more famous for her book "Rebecca".  

All my life, one of my unfulfilled desires is to magically be able to go back in time.  I keep hoping that during the Millenium, for entertainment, we might be able to choose a small location (a particular hill or city block, etc.) and watch a virtual movie of every single thing that ever happened on that spot for all the centuries of time.  WOULDN'T THAT BE AWESOME!  I guess thats why I like this book.  He can see what happened on the site of his house 500 years previously.



AND

Here is a trailer for a new movie:  "AGENDA: Grinding America Down".

About the planned destruction of the American way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment