Saturday, May 5, 2012

My brother and me





Here is my older brother and me, a few weeks ago when I was visiting in Oklahoma.  Our family went to watch him at a roping.  He won one go-round, but I think having his whole family there to watch him made him a little nervous, so he didn't win the big money.


I wore sandals to the roping, that wasn't the smartest thing in the world, since the parking lot and inside the indoor arena was all dirt.  I should have known better!  But I haven't been to a roping or a rodeo for probably 35 years, so I forgot.



This picture was taken inside the indoor arena building (notice the dirt floor).  This practice roping cow was just sitting there.  This is a much fancier one than the one we always had in our yard when I was growing up.  It was merely a plastic head stuck onto a bale of hay.  Larry practiced roping it, unless I was around, then he would rope me instead.


I was impressed with the women's restroom there at the arena, so I took a picture of it for you to see.
Maybe someone kicked a hole in the door, I don't know.




(Beware, Politics below.)


Read about our self-confessed cokehead president:


Historians of the future will be hard-pressed to explain how the most successful nation on Earth....,  could have elected as its president a man who is impervious to shame in talking about his long-term drug use, and who appears on comedy shows to make jokes about having been a better pot-smoker than another president.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/05/americas_historic_cokehead_president.html#ixzz1tveT4346

No comments:

Post a Comment