Wednesday, May 30, 2012

On Recent Quilt Teaching trips

I taught quilting in Rocky Mount, NC a few weeks ago.  Then I flew to Sarasota, Florida and taught quilting last week.  Here are the women showing off the little fusible house appliques they learned to design in my class "Playtime Neighborhood for the Precision Impaired".


Sarasota, Florida    May 2012

Their guild met in a Mennonite church, and I was a bit stunned to see that they had musical instruments for a rock band. (Look on the stage in the photo.)  I asked about it, and was assured that most Mennonite churches today offer both traditional and contemporary worship services.


I stayed in a nice motel in Sarasota, but when I taught in Greensboro, NC in April I stayed in a quilt guild member's home.  Here is the beautiful home, off a huge culdesac in a golf course community:


I had the whole upstairs to myself, in a massive guest suite.  I really enjoyed my gracious hosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment