Friday, May 11, 2012

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle

I loved reading Betty MacDonald's "Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle" series of books when I was young.  I just bought them and read them again.






As you might know, I just LOVE wacky silly names (a la Dr. Suess) so I also enjoy the names in "Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle."  Here are some of them:

Ermintrude Bags
Calliope Ragbag
Paraphernalia Grotto
Cormorant Broomrack
Worthington and Guinevere Gardenfield
Wetherill Crankminor
Pergola Wingsproggle
Jasper and Myrtle Quitrick


AND


Just a quick question:

Why does the Department of Homeland Security need 450,000,000 rounds of hollow point bullets?

( March 12, 2012)
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/atk-secures-40-caliber-ammunition-contract-with-department-of-homeland-security-us-immigration-and-customs-enforcement-dhs-ice-2012-03-12?reflink=MW_news_stmp

If you Google "homeland security hollow point bullets" you will see many articles about this.  I, with many other people, am wondering about the nefarious reasons behind this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment