Thursday, June 4, 2009

Finally Found Rice Krispies Song

I went to BYU Study Abroad in London in 1979. I lived with about 30 other girls and one guy in a lovely 5-story Victorian brownstone (we were told that it was once the Russian ambassador's residence, it was really fancy inside). All our professors and their families lived next door. I had a great time there for 5 months.

At the end of the semester, we had a talent show. Three of us got together, and one of the girls taught us the Rice Krispies song, and we dressed up like Snap, Crackle and Pop and made up choreography and performed it in the show. Later that year I taught it to Carla and Cindy and we performed it at our Clarkson family reunion at Aspen Grove (or was it Kanab?). Anyway, I finally found the original 1950's commercial on YouTube and can hear what the song was really supposed to sound like (we had several of the lyrics wrong and a bunch of the notes). Anyway, I was very excited to find it. Click HERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6TIsxTdrCU

No comments:

Post a Comment