Monday, June 29, 2009

Modest Prom Dresses


There is nothing modest today in the stores to buy for our daughters to wear to a formal dance. Here are some ways I have overcome this problem.
In 2006, we bought Tara this pink sparkly strapless dress. I cut off the bottom 14" of it, and created a bodice out of the pink sparkly fabric. I bought some plain pink and made a new ruffle at the bottom, and also a shawl.


I have made several of these jackets in different colors to go over strappy or strapless dresses. I made up the pattern, so I will make you a copy if you want.


Here is the formal Tara wore last year, of course with that same jacket pattern over it. It looked fabulous.

You can see Tara's black formal with blue jacket from this year on my blog 6-3-2009 and 6-17-2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment