Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mashed Ant Salsa

Bryce has only six weeks left on his mission in Oaxaca, Mexico. The email we received from him yesterday was cute so I thought I would include a few paragraphs from it here:


June 15, 2009
Hey Everybody,
Wow, this is weird, today starts my last transfer on the mission, my generation is now the oldest group here...

Anyways, this week was a good one. We did a LOT of service this week, I think more than any week in my whole mission. On Tuesday morning Lourdes called us and told us "oh yeah, I'm moving houses today, do you think you could come over to help? It's only like 3 houses away."

So we went there after lunch, not bothering to get a member with a truck to help, and yeah, I think she underestimated the distance by a good 14 houses, it wasn't too far but it would've been nice to have a truck there. Elder Cervantes, Wilbur, and I who are pretty much all skinny little dudes, managed to get all the big stuff moved in about 2 hours while Loudes's daughter's giant boyfriend and his other giant friend moved I think like 4 boxes and some crayons, using a car. That was fun....

That's about everything for this week, except the fact that I tried some chicatana salsa yesterday (salsa made from mashed up giant ants), I didn't eat much because it really wasn't very good, but it wasn't too bad either, it was just kind of a weird buggy taste. Anyways, hope everyone's doing well, have a great week, bye!

Love, Elder Bryce W.

1 comment:

  1. I just sent Jacob this letter. He is in the MTC until July 20. I thought he should be enjoying the food before he gets to Japan. You never know what he will be eating there.

    ReplyDelete