Monday, June 8, 2009

Stewart Retreat #2


One of the first things we did on Sunday after I got to Scottsdale was to attend sacrament meeting. But before we went, Carla gave a lesson on how we can change ourselves, how we can try new things, and how people get accustomed to it once we change ourselves. Then she gave us a challenge: "Now we are all going to wear someone else's clothing to church. Nobody knows us here, so just pretend to be someone new."

I put on Carla's pleated black skirt and black blouse with a wide belt, something I never wear, and all the rest of the females did similarly. Larry and Jamey got to wear their own clothing. (Later she made my cowboy brother Larry wear a silk short sleeved shirt, something he never wears. But he was a good sport about it.)

Unfortunately, this is the only really good group shot we have of us, and it is odd to me because I'm not wearing my own clothing. But its okay.


The next day, we all had a trip to Blossom Salon for a makeover. Jodi, the hairstylist, is working on my mother's hair, and my sister Cheryl is standing behind her.



Here is my new hairstyle. I really like it.


Carla was sitting there watching us get our hair done. I have to compliment her, she put on a fantastic retreat! Stay tuned for more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking pictures at the retreat. I was so busy I only took a couple. Glad someone recorded the event.
    I think this was a really good thing for our family and each of us individually. Thanks to all of you who went. You were real troupers!

    ReplyDelete