Saturday, August 8, 2009

$18 haircut and stuff

(1) Anne told me about a good haircut she got from Jacquetta at the salon in the new SuperWalmart by my house. So I went over there and got a fabulous haircut for only $18! (It isn't a new hairstyle, I just needed it put back to where it was 2 months ago. And she did it even better than it was originally.) I am just sick that for years I've been paying probably $40 a time to get my hair cut, switching hairstylists several times trying to find a good one, and now I've found one for so little money. Hooray!

(2) So, Paula Abdul is out and Victoria Beckham is in. I watched "American Idol" religiously for the second and third seasons, but haven't watched it since Sanjaya was on (he made me barf.) Maybe I've got to watch it a few times just out of curiosity to see how Posh does as a judge.

(3) One of Bryce's best friends here, David R., has swine flu. Bryce has hung out with him many times since Bryce has been home. I am praying none of us get sick and miss the wedding.

(4) I bought the "LDS Soft Rock Scripture Mastery Songs" CD and have been listening to it over and over and over and over and over. I think it is helping me memorize the 25 scripture mastery verses from the Book of Mormon, which I have to teach to my students in seminary, but it is also making my family hate me. I am trying to have the music on only when they are out of the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment