Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Adventurous Me

At the Stewart Retreat in June, my sister Carla challenged us to do things we had never done before. She said we should say to ourselves, "I can change. I can be a new person."

So when we were in Mesa, after Seth's wedding, we went down the Salt River on inner tubes. And my sister Carla refused to go with us. So I made fun of her, because I was going tubing for the first time in my life and was very apprehensive, and I was doing it anyway because she told me to, but she wouldn't take her own advice. She said Adventure was at the bottom of her To Do List.

Well, it is definitely at the bottom of my To Do List also, but I did it anyway. And I am very proud of myself. All my children and my husband were completely shocked that I would go with them.

At first I had my legs hanging down through the middle of the tube, but then the current took me into tall river grass, and it totally creeped me out to have all the grass waving around my legs, so I had to get up on top of the tube. This was great, until we got into some very mild rapids, and stupid me didn't realize that rapids are caused by rocks, and my tailbone got whacked. I was in pain for two days, now the pain is pretty much gone.



This is at the very beginning of the river. I have a grocery sack with a HoneyBun and a water bottle and some sunscreen inside it, and for the whole trip I had to hold the bag because I had no way to attach it to the tube. If I ever go tubing again, I will bring a long rope.

This is me, my brother Jamey, Isaac, and Zac.

Wayne, Tiffany, and Adam.

Zac, Isaac, Bryce, and Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment