Saturday, August 22, 2009

Mesa Madrid Townhouses


The day before Seth's wedding, I took all six of my children and daughters-in-laws on a home tour of all the places I had lived in Mesa, and all the houses my mom had lived in Mesa. I lived in Mesa once in 6th grade, once in 7th grade, and once when I came home from college, and then once when I stayed with my mom for 6 weeks when Wayne was in an IBM class in Chicago. She also showed them the site of her first home when she was 11 in 1941, and three other houses she lived in later.

We got tired before I could take them to the Mesa Madrid townhouses. Just Isaac and I drove to this one.

Here are photos of the Mesa Madrid townhouses where we lived Jan-June 1971, when I was in the 6th grade. I was amazed that they still look like they are in very good shape.
I think ours is the one with the little roof over the door. But the roof must have been changed, because I know I climbed out on it once, and the current roof looks too little.

This is a view down the common area in the middle of all the townhouses. You can see the clubhouse at the far end. I spent every day playing pool in the clubhouse, or swimming at the swimming pool. I pretty much ran wild when we lived there.

I was sad to see they had removed the big climbing toy/ swingset/ play structure that used to be in the common area. I know I painted my name on the underside of it, "Amy Loves _____" (name I can't remember) and I wanted to see if the paint was still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment