Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Building up steam to write a novel


In only 3 weeks from yesterday, I am going to start a writing marathon and write a 50,000 word novel during the 30 days of November. I am participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) which you can read about HERE.

Or you can read about it on my blog, posts written 3-2-2010 through 3-5-2010.

I am making a big long chart on the wall in Tara's room with all my characters, and plot, and story arc and everything else I don't want to forget. I have been gathering plot and character material for almost a year, so there is too much to just keep in my head, I have to organize it visually.

This could be the biggest waste of time i have ever scheduled. Or it might make me crazy. But I think it will teach me a lot, and I hope that I will feel like I really accomplished something worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment