Saturday, October 23, 2010

Three awards at DOQ quilt show

I entered 3 quilts in the Durham-Orange Quilt show, and won three awards. To be able to give more awards, their guild requires the amateurs and professionals to enter in separate categories. Since I teach quilting, I enter under the "professional" category.



"My Blue Heaven" got 3rd place in the "Art-Professional" category. It is one of my Frazzled Fancies quilts, made with little squares of fancy fabrics piled on top of one another, with lots of hand embroidery over them.



"How to Get a Husband" got 2nd place in "Wall, Pieced, Professional". I
made this crooked log cabin wallhanging using some cute cartoony fabric which shows things you should do to attract a man. My favorite is "Never Argue. He is always right."







"Wild Thing" got 2nd place in the "Bed, Pieced, Professional" category. The sun was shining on the bottom half of this quilt, and there was also a table there, so the picture isn't that great. I started this quilt about 1992 and finished it about 2009, it was a real pain to finish that binding around the hexagonal shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment