Friday, October 1, 2010

Worksheet for General Conference

I was re-reading the March 2006 New Era and was impressed with this article:

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=ddc4092480e6c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=024644f8f206c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

"General Conference Worksheet: Listening for Answers" is a worksheet of questions to ask yourself during General Conference. I think the first item on the checklist is a very good one: to think ahead of time about questions you want answered during Conference. I have never done that before.

Pre-conference Checklist

• I have thought and prayed about questions I have, and I will listen for answers during conference.

• I have prayed for the general conference speakers.

• I will get a good night’s sleep so I can stay awake and attentive during conference.

• I have a notebook and pen ready so I can take notes during conference.

What I Learned during General Conference

The talk(s) that meant the most to me during the Saturday sessions of conference was/were by ____________________________________________________. I enjoyed the talk(s) because _____________________________________________________.

The talk(s) that meant the most to me during the Sunday sessions of conference was/were by ____________________________________________________. I enjoyed the talk(s) because _____________________________________________________.

The prophet counseled Church members to: _________________________________.

This specific counsel was given to the youth of the Church: ___________________ __________________________________________________________________________.

The answers I received from listening and pondering during general conference are: _____________________________________________________________________.

The main themes of general conference were: _______________________________ __________________________________________________________________________.

After listening to general conference, I want to become better in the following ways, or I was prompted to do the following: ________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________.



And here is a post I wrote on 4-7-2010, just as a reminder of something else we can do:

I just read a letter from a young man, a missionary that we know. He was talking about General Conference, which was just this past weekend. He wrote:


"I did a little experiment. So yesterday for both sessions of conference I tallied every time I felt the Spirit testify to me that what was being said was true. So by the end of the two conferences I was quite surprised on what the number was. It added up to 42 confirmations through the Spirit that what was being said was true. It was about the coolest thing I could have ever done! It helped me stay focused and it made me recognize how true this church is."

What a great idea. I know that tears came to my eyes several times, just from the wonderful feelings I was having as I listened to the talks myself. I want to do a tally when conference comes around again in October, but I don't plan on telling you the total number, thats too personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment