Monday, December 6, 2010

White board memories

On November 20 I wrote about going to Seth's and Janette's house, and seeing their white board on the wall.  On it, Seth had written the following:





I was speaking to Seth's friend, Michael G. at the Young Adult ward yesterday, and told Michael about it.  He said, "Oh yeah, that was one of my favorite things about going to your house!  You had a white board in the kitchen hanging on a pillar, "the Words of Wisdom", and Seth wrote funny things on it all the time!"

The only one he could remember was "Don't stick your neck under a guillotine blade."

Can my other kids remember stuff anyone wrote on there?  I'm sure it wasn't just Seth who wrote it.


Last night, Zac was extremely helpful and we hauled 3 tables and a 4 ft. Christmas tree and 14 burgundy tablerunners and 12 burgundy cloth napkins down to the stake center so they can decorate for the stake Nativity Celebration.  (All the burgundy stuff came from Adam's and Tiffany's wedding, I loan it every year.)

Now for a week I will have no table in my sewing room, which is a drag because I am in the midst of sewing all sorts of Christmas presents.  Then when I get the tables back, I only have one more week before I have to tear down the sewing room again, because it has to be Bryce's bedroom while he is home from Christmas.  So now I am starting to feel panicked about all the sewing I still have to do.



Also, I am tired of putting up our Christmas tree alone every year.  So I told Wayne and Zac, when they finally want it up, they are going to have to put in some labor.  Until then, no Christmas tree.

1 comment:

  1. What! You have to put up the Christmas tree alone most years? That is LAME! If Wayne and Zac don't get their butts in gear, please call some of your married kids and families and we will come do it with you. Putting up a Christmas tree is always fun. Taking it down is when I'd think people were more likely likely to be lazy....

    ReplyDelete