Monday, August 9, 2010

With Friends Like These

First of all, I want to say how much I have hated the two "winning" outfits that designer Gretchen has made in the first two episodes of "Project Runway". During each show, her outfit has been one of the ones I wanted to be kicked off, and instead THE JUDGES LOVED IT! I about croaked.

But I was very happy when they kicked off icky Jason and crybaby Nicholas. So I did have some satisfaction that the judges agreed with me on those.

On to my next topic...

My mom gave all her kids the game "Spinner" many years ago. Rachel just found it for sale on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Puremco-Spinner-Game-Wild-Dominoes/dp/B000BBSA0U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1280880541&sr=8-1. So we are excited that it is still in production.

And my last topic....

Over a month ago, we went to the Cary 2nd ward to see Janette give a talk. It just so happened to be Father's Day, so the Primary children got to perform a song. We were sitting with Seth and with Isaac's family when the little kids started walking to the front of the chapel.

Elizabeth was sitting near me, so I said, "Elizabeth, its time to go up to sing."

She said loudly, "NO! I DON'T WANT TO SING!"

I said, "Don't you want to go up there? All your friends are going up."

She answered, (even more loudly), "NO! SOME OF THOSE FRIENDS ARE UGLY, AND I HATE THEM!"

We decided that it was wise to give up after that.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, it's good to see that she's taking after her dear old uncle Adam.

    ReplyDelete