Sunday, August 8, 2010

Zucchini, Weeds in my Garden

I have been working a lot on my other blog, http://GottaWannaNeedaGettaPrepared.blogspot.com/
Every time I come up with an idea for Emergency Preparedness, I put it on the other blog instead of this one. So please check that one too. I just did a presentation at my ward's night time Relief Society meeting about Hurricane Preparedness, and I have put the whole presentation on there, it will run for 4 consecutive blog posts, Aug. 6-9.




My home teachers were here the other day, and I asked them to give me some advice on my garden. I had planted lots of different things for the first time, and didn't know what some of them were. Sister Garcia pointed to one 3 foot tall plant, which I have been watering and fertilizing, and told me it was a weed. I felt stupid.

But the good news is that I have many thriving, healthy plants. I am getting cucumbers, yellow summer squash, green peppers and zucchinis, and earlier I got lots of radishes, green onions,spinach, peas, tomatoes and carrots.

I made this zucchini bread the other day, and it was really moist using applesauce instead of oil. And I always use powdered eggs in baking, I don't think anyone can tell the difference.


Zucchini Bread

3 eggs (I use powdered eggs instead)
1 cup oil (I use 1 cup applesauce instead)
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups flour
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3 tsp. vanilla

Beat eggs, add wet ingredients. Mix well. Add flour and other dry ingredients. Divide batter into 2 greased loaf pans, bake 325 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
Or pour into muffin tins or mini loaf pans, and bake 325 for about 25 minutes (I don’t know the exact time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment