Monday, September 27, 2010

Break the Fast


Every single Saturday before Fast Sunday, Wayne spends all day cooking up lots of good food for the University Ward to eat at their monthly "Break the Fast" meal after church.

Every time, he makes great food, but he uses every single surface and every single pot, pan and container we own.

Then he has to figure out how to transport it all there, and then bring everything home again.

On Saturday he bought 33 pounds of roast beef and huge bags of potatoes, onions, and carrots, and cooked the roasts in a pressure cooker with the onions and potatoes. He discovered he liked the carrots better when they were cooked separately, he thought they got too mushy in the pressure cooker.

The shopping and cooking took him all day. And the worst part is that I usually start fasting around 2 pm, and he has wonderful aromas of cooking food until about 9 pm. I don't want to smell that while I am fasting!

Today I am still putting dishes away and still have more to put into the dishwasher.

He really loves doing this for his ward, and I am so thankful for his willingness to serve. I am just happy he doesn't really expect me to help too much with the cooking. (I do the dishes, though, with only a medium amount of complaining.)

No comments:

Post a Comment