Thursday, September 16, 2010

EMP ATTACK! (fake)

DAng! I woke up today and the challenge is to pretend that there is an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) that destroys all electrical technology, including the municipal water plants. So I am without water or power today.

I opened my solar oven, and have boiled lasagna noodles, and am about to make cornbread. I feel very accomplished!

And of course, I am cheating to be on the computer but I wanted you to know how exciting all this is to me, and to read about it on my other blog as soon as I get it posted.

Zac is having his last two Eagle project workdays on Friday at 1 and on Saturday at 9. If you want to come for fun, you are welcome. But I think he has enough scouts to do it all.

And the stake baby quilt project is wrapping up, we have created 33 which are done, 50 that are ready to tie, and 12 more which only need one or two steps done before they are ready to tie. We will be tying them at the stake social which is before the RS general broadcast Sept. 25. And it was all done with donated fabric.

Now I've got to turn off the computer and not get on it again today (SIGH).

1 comment:

  1. Um, Amy I looked at this website you are talking about and what I really want to know is how you did on "Day 2: Dietary Limitation, cook all food from scratch" You can't cheat and not tell us about that one!

    ReplyDelete