Saturday, September 18, 2010

Counting my blessings

This week I have found out that two of my friends' husbands have lost their jobs unexpectedly, and that another friend's husband can see the writing on the wall so they are moving out of state to a different job before he loses his current job.

I am feeling very sad for all of them. Every day I wonder if Wayne is going to lose his job, and every day that goes by I am thankful that he still has one.

I feel so thankful for our food storage and our very minimal debts. I am very much looking forward to General Conference in two weeks, I am feeling a great desire to hear from the prophet and apostles, wanting to soak in the knowledge and counsel which they will give us. I need some comfort, and to be reminded that the Lord is in control and that everything is in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment