Monday, January 3, 2011

New Christmas Stockings

 Here are the old-style stockings I made around 1982, we have had them for way too long.  I have switched all my Christmas decorations over to fuschia and purple and other bright colors, so I just left those old stockings in the attic this year.


Here are my new creations.  I used lots of fancy fabrics and I really went wild making them, each with a different top cuff.  They are for ME, they are for decorating my house, my kids don't get to take them.  And anyway,  each kid made it clear they didn't want them.  And I don't blame them, I made them for males or females with no regard for color.
I wanted them to look like Dr. Suess, and I wanted to use my huge drawer full of fancy trims, and all my sparkly fabrics.  I can't wait to have so many that I have to hang them all the way up the stairs bannister, like Marta A.

1 comment: