Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The pure little heart of a child

I babysat Elizabeth (4) and Thomas (2) today.  They were as good as gold because I brought some activities for us to do together.  We painted in some coloring books, and then we stuck stickers all over some posterboards.  Then I fed them string cheese and applesauce for lunch (notice I didn't cook anything.)

Elizabeth was telling me about a trip she had taken to the beach with her mom, and her mom's mom, and her mom's grandmother.  (It is so cute, Elizabeth calls her great-grandmother "Super Granny".  That sounds way cooler than "Great-Grandma".)

After telling me about the trip, Elizabeth looked at me with the hugest smile, and said, "And you REALLY REALLY MISSED ME, didn't you?"

That just melted me.

1 comment:

  1. i love it. my mom is called granny. a friend has her grandkids call her "Queen Mudder" so they get to meet the queen for lunch. Super Granny is my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete