Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Vacuum packing some M&Ms

A few days ago, I finally received the Foodsaver jar sealer that I had ordered, and in less than 2 hours I had vacuum sealed about 65 glass canning jars full of M&M's, coconut, pecans, walnuts, and chocolate chips.  It was SO EASY!  My sources say that these items will keep at least 3 years after being vacuum sealed.  I am very excited to have all these items in my food storage.

Today I did my first "home consultation" with a ward member on the subject of food storage.  I stayed for one hour and gave her all sorts of computer documents and also saw her food storage and answered a lot of questions.  I have offered to do these for anyone in my ward that wants one, I hope I am able to help a lot of people this way.

Zac has finals this week at high school.

Last night I went to the Durham Orange Quilt Guild to their silent auction.  I bid on lots of quilting and sewing stuff, and came home with so much that it took me 2 trips from the car to the house.  And it cost me a total of $8.50.  That was a GOOD DEAL.

One interesting thing that I paid 25 cents for, was a bunch of sewing patterns for baby and children's clothing.  (I got rid of mine years ago.)  And a huge assortment of knitting needles, also for 25 cents.  I am thinking I should learn to knit.

And I just bid on my first item on ebay and won it.  I bought some long bobbins for my Singer treadle sewing machine.  Now if I can just buy some needles I can learn how to use it.

2 comments:

  1. I think regular M & Ms would be ok long term, but I don't think the peanut ones would. What do you think? (Moot point anyway because we would just eat them before all that time passed!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete